- Published on Thursday, 26 July 2012 17:22
- Hits: 420
On Wednesday July 25th NDACT hosted a bus tour organized by MP Matthew Kellway of the Federal NDP party.
- started at 11:00 AM from NDACT Chair Carl Cosack's ranch
- had lunch at Provincial Fisheries on River Road
- proceeded to tour the span of the proposal
- then off to Wallington in Hornings Mills
- then to Vander Zagg's, walked over to French's farm
- about 3 p.m. the bus headed back down to the city.
Report of day from Donna T.
Visit to Vander Zaag farm
A special thanks to Dave Vander Zaag, the Armstrong and French farming families for welcoming the MPs and city folks. They provided a great tour of the rare prime farmland and its bounty. Huge thanks, as well, to Carl Cosack for being a fantastic tour guide. And, of course, thank you to MP Matthew Kellway for organizing this old-fashioned Field Trip.
Thanks to Donna T. for her submission.